jeudi 4 février 2010

Finaly a sign of relief

Recently, I've been having A LOT of stress about college. I was not to worried about getting in. Okay, maybe just a LITTLE. I've always had decent grades, maybe not the best, but they were average. I've always just been an average girl. I'm average at everything I do. Now with this college opportunity I'll get to do what I actually want to do for once. I got accepted at Centennial College for their advertising program, and I also got accepted at Durham College to their Multi-Media Design program. I'm currently pending for Durham's Advertising program because they are waiting on my English midterms *hint hint* haha. Receiving these congratulations letters took a lot of weight off my shoulders. I can't explain how excited I am for college.

Sometimes I think maybe I should have continued taking academic level courses and went to university. All of my close friends decided they wanted to go to university. Did I make a wrong decision? Will they have a better life then me? On the other hand, maybe I am the smart one going to college? One of my teachers that had me in the past looked at me and said "You worked so hard for all these years in your academic classes, why would you just throw it all away like that?". Was he/she right? Did I just dump all the hard work I did all these years down the drain? Anyway, I really hope that I've made the right decision. I just want to do succeed.

3 commentaires:

  1. The great thing about post-secondary education is you are just opening doors, never closing them Id ever you were to choose to go to University, you can as an adult student regardless of if you took college level or university level classes in high school. In fact, with a college diploma, many of your first year classes from University can be transferable depending on the university and college (I know Durham and Trent have an arrangement). A world of possibilities is ahead of you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Very well done Jessica,
    I don't think you made a wrong choice at all. Its your life and you should lead it how you want to. So what if your friends are going to university.Don't let them pressure you into thinking you didnt do the right choice. You have a goal in life and it will be well worth it later in life. But great job on your blog Jess, can't wait to read your next blogs.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Personally,I don't think you made the wrong choice at all. I think it's better to go to college because you get more hands on experience instead of just reading about it. Plus even if you go to university, your not guaranteed a job, but with college you have more of a chance because in any course you have a coop for the last semester... Keep going strong! I know you'll do good.

    RépondreSupprimer