jeudi 18 février 2010

I'm frustrated and broke! Am I the only one?


For two years I've worked at Eastside Mario's as a hostess and I also managed the take-out. I was very upset because I would go to work and sometimes after an hour or two they would send me home. I was getting really frustrated because I would sit around on a Saturday all day waiting around to go to work. I would work for two hours and then I would go home. It felt like the biggest waste of time ever. I could of done so many other things. So after two years of this, I was finally fed up and I quit. My dad called the labor bord, but they told him that they were aloud to send me home because I'm under eighteen. I feel like just because im younger they take advantage of me. After all this, I started handing out resumes everywhere. I only got one call and it was from Pizza Nova. I didn't really want to work in another food place but it was the only offer I got. Therfore, I took it. When they hired me they told me that they would give me three hours minimun. It's only been about three weeks and I got sent home today after two and a half hours. I'm getting really frustrated with this. I'm trying to save for college but I'm really having no luck. Am I the only one with this problem?

2 commentaires:

  1. I work at Bouclair, yes I know, very gay. But a lot of my friends complain about not getting enough shifts/hours at their cool jobs when i get four or five 4.5 hour shifts a week and normaly get asked to work overtime. If you keep looking for a job, you'll eventually find one that suites your needs. I suggest any retail store.

    lilcuite38

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. My suggestion is to apply everywhere! Think out of the box of the usual places to apply.
    http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/SEP.asp
    This link has amazing summer jobs (many full time) and the fact that you are fluently bilingual is huge and really gives you a advantage over most students.

    RépondreSupprimer